Friday, 6 May 2016

Day 6

We left Walton on the Naze promptly on Thursday morning. Another beautiful day. We were now getting into "familiar waters" as we used to sail out of Orwell Yacht Club before we were married.

We passed the Famous Stone Point. Stone Point has a very steep shelving shore. We anchored there one night with Paul's first yacht Folly. The wind changed direction and Paul woke up in the early hours realisng that we had gone aground and leaning the wrong way - towards the water. We both got out of bed and pushed her so that she was facing the other way. Paul then decided to scrub her hull as he thought it was a good opportunity to do so. I was asked if I wanted to help.. I declined. I thought I had done my bit by wading in thigh deep cold water! I went back to bed!

We had to motor up the coast and then negoiated the tricky entrance to the river Deben and had a delightful journery wandering up the river. We arrived at Woodbridge Tide Mill Marina at about mid day.



The Tide Mill.

We walked along the Sandling Way following the banks of the river. A truly delightful walk. We saw an old wooden barge with two Oyster Catchers standing on it. A lady told us that they were called Charles and Clarrisa and had been using this old barge as a nesting site for the last 5 or 6 years. I think they were contemplating where to nest.

We wondered around the delightful town of Woodbridge - lots of interesting building. A truly lovely place.

1 comment:

  1. Glad all is going well, apart from going aground in the early hours! I don't blame you going back to bed. I hope you are having this lovely weather, I think you will be. X to both and Jazz, Mum

    ReplyDelete