Tuesday, 17 May 2016

Day 17

We awoke in wonderful Whitby, it was cold and fresh and a beautiful blue sky. We went ashore for an early morning walk and managed to find a beach for Jazz which she loved and forgot that she was an old dog.


We then went up the 199 steps to the abbey and church - glorious views from the top.

WE then went down and walked over the bridge and up into the other part of town. We walked up the Kybher Pass to the whale bones


I first visited Whitby as a child nearly 50 years ago! (Gosh that makes me feel old!) I found the hotel we used to stay in. Whitby still has it magic and charms for me so good to return by our very own boat and for it to still hold such charms for me - magical!

Of course I could not leave Whitby without a visit to the Whitby Lucky Duck shop. WE alwasys visited to look at their window display. WE went in and talked to the lady there - the shop will be celebrating its diamond jubilee in a couple of years. It was good to talk to the lady and I purchased a Lucy Duck for Altair


It was then time to go on. A sail (well motor) up the coast to Hartlepool passing Runswick Bay where we had many a holiday in our caravan and Saltburn. it was also great as we could see the coast line for a change.

Hartlepool has made us very welcome, the marine being very close to the museum where the Trincomalee lies

1 comment:

  1. I can still see blue skies and sunshine behind you. It looks like you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete