We are moving on again. Our next big trip is to get across Lyme Bay. It is about 40 miles to Portland Bill. We were at Teignmouth and as the wind was coming off the land we decided to go to Lyme Regis and stay the night there. It is something that we have not done before. You really need the wind coming off the land - Northerly so that there is no swell on the sea as Lyme Regis is an exposed port.
We left Teignmouth in sunshine!
and had a lovely sail along the Dorset coast to Lyme Regis. The Dorset coast id very interesting and I thoroughly enjoyed sailing along the coast - something I had not done before. We picked up a mooring bouy off Lyme beach and took Jazz for a walk.
Paul had thought we could stay there for the night but the wind was from the North West and there was a bit of swell rolling in. I could not stay there for the night! So we went a few miles further down the coast to West Bay.
West Bay and all along the coast is where the first Broadchurch was filmed. Right int he centre of West Bay is the circular building that was the Police Headquarters. I can't visit West Bay without thinking of Broadchurch.
No comments:
Post a Comment