Tuesday, 9 August 2016

Day 100!!!

Sunday 7th August.


A very tried crew awoke this morning as some of them had not had a good nights sleep due to the wind and tide and possibly snoring!
We waved Mia and Devon off for their train at 1:20pm. They were home safe and sound by 4:30. Back to the luxury of space, clean clothes, shower/bath and a comfy bed!

Teignmouth is lovely. We had a wonderful explore and it is such a lovely old fashioned seaside town. It has been their Regatta all week and we saw the rowing races today in the harbour. There is live music at one of the shore side pubs that we can just abpout hear at our boat. The RNLI were doing demonstrations in the bay and had stalls around the harbour wall. Such a lovely feel to the place.





There were some lovely sculptures on the promenade





I must say now at this point that I am ready for home. We have been away for 100 days! Fantastic I know and I do realise that I am very fortunate to have been able to spend 100 days away from home but I am now ready for my home. What am I missing? you ask. Not having to think how am I going to get shore - can I walk ashore or is it a dingy ride away - to be able to just walk into my bathroom for a shower. Yes we can shower on board but it is not the same. Having an unlimited supply of clean clothes. A little bit of luxury I suppose. I haven’t really missed a great deal by not being at home but I am now ready to get back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment