Sunday, 26 June 2016

Day 57

Saturday 25th June 2016

We awoke in Glenarm this morning. When we looked out to sea it was very grey and uninviting. Looking across the bay it was bathed in sunshine!

We walked into Glenarm and bought a newspaper as we wanted to get upto date with the EU referendum. I read a comment from Ben Ainslie that said


"Well, that was one hell of a capsize! Time to right the boat, pull together and get going again"

I think that sums it up and I only hope that the British determination comes out and we do just that.

We were moving on again today. As it still looked as if we may get wet we put on our oilie trousers just in case.

We had a lovely sail with only the jib up as the wind was coming from behind the boat. We sailed south along the Irish coast - The Mull of Kintyre had disappeared in the clouds of rain and mist. We passed something called The Gobbins. It is a walk along the coast at sea level that goes through tunnels and walkways. It looked fantastic something I would have liked to do but it was closed for repairs! WE then turned up Belfast Lough and went into Carrickfergus which is just before Belfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment